August 10–12, 2017
Committee of the International Phycological Society and Władysław Szafer Institute of Botany of the Polish Academy of Sciences cordially invite you to participate in a trip, which will be held in Kraków from 10th to 12th August 2017. The trip is planned as an event preceding the 11th International Phycological Congress. It will be an opportunity to explore the wonderful city of Kraków and some of the great attractions of the region of Małopolska.
Władysław Szafer Institute of Botany PAS is a scientific institution whose mission is to study the diversity of contemporary and fossil floras of the world, document them through its herbarium collections, and disseminate botanical knowledge.
For further information see the institute website.
Kraków city tour
Ojców National Park trip
- Departure to the Ojców National Park
- Tour of the park including the collection of material and visiting the King's Łokietek Cave
- Lunch at the Pieskowa Skała Castle
- Return to Kraków, watching of the collected material under the microscopes
Wieliczka Salt Mine trip
- Departure to the Wieliczka salt mine
- Tour of the salt mine
- Return to Kraków and departure to the congress venue