On 26th August 2015, professor Konrad Wołowski, the Director of the W. Szafer Institute of Botany, Polish Academy of Sciences in Kraków, signed the declaration of support for the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers and thus expressed explicit approval for the principles of the Charter and the Code.
To ensure effective implementation of the principles of the Charter and the Code at IB PAS, the Director of the Institute has appointed the Committee responsible for analyzing the national legal framework, internal procedures and rules to identify areas for improvement or establishing new rules of procedure. Moreover, researchers employed by IB PAS as well as PhD students have participated in the survey aimed at acquiring opinion on working conditions and development prospects at IB PAS. Results obtained from document analysis as well as survey data show that IB PAS follows most of the principles of the Charter and the Code. However, to implement all recommendations formulated by the European Commission, the Institute has developed a strategic plan (HRS4R) ensuring full implementation of the principles set forth in the Charter and the Code.
Strategic objectives defined by the W. Szafer Institute of Botany, Polish Academy of Sciences are aimed at reinforcing its international position, increasing Institute’s participation in research conducted by global consortia and developing researchers’ potential through mobility enhancement. Implementation of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers in IB PAS will contribute to achieving Institute’s strategic objectives, maintaining the highest European standards of recruitment, creating favorable research environment as well as providing researchers with development opportunities. Obtaining ‘HR Excellence in Research’ logo will confirm that the W. Szafer Institute of Botany, Polish Academy of Sciences is committed to creating friendly research environment and conducts research in line with current professional standards. It will also improve Institute’s attractiveness as a strategic partner in undertaking joint research projects and enable the Institute to raise more funds to support continuous development.
For more information, please, go to http://ec.europa.eu/euraxess/index.cfm/rights/index
HR Strategy at IB PAS (pdf of the entire document, including Internal-Gap-Analysis and Action plan)
INTERIM ASSESSMENT (2016 – 2019)
- OMT-R Checklist
- Internal Review – IB PAS December 2019
- Recruitment Package
- Survey results at IB PAS: 2016 and 2019
Director's resolutions introduced in response to the HR logo evaluation:
- Resolution of the Director of IB PAS No. 22/2017 – a job posting template for the competition for a research position was introduced (Action Pan No. IX).
- Resolution of the Director of IB PAS No. 4/2018 – a new form for research activity financed from specified-user subsidy for maintaining research potential was implemented (Action Plan No. XX).
- Resolution of the Director of IB PAS No. 7/2018 – Internal regulations on awarding bonuses to employees at IB PAS. As a result, researchers will receive bonuses for the most outstanding research achievements (publications) (Action Plan No. IV).
- Resolution of the Director of IB PAS No. 22/2018 – Internal regulations on appointing researchers’ representatives for the purpose of participating in works undertaken by information, consultation and decision-making bodies (Action Plan No. VI).
- Resolution of the Director of IB PAS No. 30/2018 – Implementation of the Internal regulations on laboratory operation at IB PAS on 28.12.2018 (Action Plan No. I).
- Resolution of the Director of IB PAS No. 20/2019 – the Institute implemented the Procedure on preparing and running projects at IB PAS financed from external sources (Action Plan No. XI).
- Resolution of the Director of IB PAS No. 21/2019 – Internal regulations on undertaking commissioned works at IB PAS were introduced (Action Plan No. V)
Scientific Council IB PAS resolutions introduced in response to the HR logo evaluation:
- Resolution of the Scientific Council No. 20/21.06.2017 –modified internal regulations on research staff appraisal at IB PAS were implemented (Action Plan No. XVI)
- Resolution of the Scientific Council No. 13/25.06.2018 –Recruitment package promoting procedures related to recruitment at IB PAS was implemented (Action Plan No. VII)