W. Szafer Institute of Botany of the Polish Academy of Sciences hereby declares this website will be accessible in accordance with the provisions of the Act of 4 April 2019 on digital accessibility of websites and mobile applications of public entities. The accessibility statement applies to the ToBeLawn project website.
- Date of publication: 2023-04-28.
- Date of the last significant update: 2023-04-28.
The website is partially compliant with the Act of 4 April 2019 on digital accessibility of websites and mobile applications of public entities except for the following exclusions
- There is no search engine or site map.
- The order of the headers on the home page is disrupted due to the use of a photo carousel the content of which is not as important as the section below.
- Some sections do not meet the requirements for contrast against the background (mainly in the footer of the page).
Preparation of the declaration of availability
The declaration was made on: 2023-04-28.
The declaration is based on a self-assessment by a public entity.
Latest review of the declaration: 2023-04-28.
- Standard browser keyboard shortcuts can be used on the website.
Feedback and contact information
Please contact us in case of any problems with accessibility of the website. The contact person is Paweł Kapusta, email@example.com. You can also contact us by phone on +4812‑4241‑720. Requests to access unavailable information and complaints about the lack of availability can be submitted in the same way.
Handling accessibility requests and complaints
Everyone has the right to request the availability of a digital website, mobile application, or any element thereof. You can also request information to be made available using an alternative access method, for example by reading a digitally unavailable document, describing the content of a film without audio description, etc. The request should contain the data of the person making the request, an indication of which website or mobile application it concerns, and how to get in touch. If the requesting person reports the need to receive information by means of an alternative access method, they should also specify how to present this information conveniently. The public entity should fulfill the request immediately, no later than within 7 days from the date of the request. If it is not possible to meet this deadline, the public entity will immediately inform the person making the request, when it will be possible to fulfill the request, however, this time limit can not exceed 2 months from the date of the request. Should ensuring digital accessibility not be possible, the public entity can suggest an alternative way of accessing information. Should the public entity refuses to comply with the request to ensure accessibility or not suggest an alternative way of accessing information, the person making the request can file a complaint regarding the provision of digital accessibility to the website, mobile application or their elements. If the procedure indicated above does not prove successful, an appeal to the Ombudsman can be submitted. Website of the Ombudsman
W. Szafer Institute of Botany of the Polish Academy of Sciences, 46 Lubicz St., Kraków
- The W. Szafer Institute of Botany of the Polish Academy of Sciences is located in two buildings – A and B. The main entrance – to building A – is located on the side of Lubicz Street, and it is accessible to people with and without disabilities, but it is required to use a staircase (9 steps), so the assistance of a receptionist is necessary. There is no elevator in Building A, so people with disabilities can not access the upper floors. For people with disabilities, entrance to the IB PAS parking lot is possible through the entrance gate from Lubicz Street.The entrance to Building B is situated on the side of the IB PAS parking lot and is accessible to people with and without disabilities, via a stairlift, however, the assistance of a receptionist is necessary (there are 2 steps outside and 8 steps inside the building). There is an elevator in Building B, which allows a disabled person to navigate the upper floors of the building, however, the assistance of a receptionist is necessary (there are some sharp turns and narrow corridors).There are no cues induction loops, Braille signs, contrast, or enlarged print signs for the blind and visually impaired in building A and B. The aforementioned inconveniences to people with mobility problems, blind or visually impaired can be alleviated by the assistance of receptionist.
- There are no designated parking spaces for the disabled in the parking lot. If necessary, the reception staff will provide information and direct you to places accessible to the disabled.
- There is no toilet for the disabled in the buildings. To access the toilet in Building B requires climbing 10 steps with the assistance of a receptionist and the use of a stairlift.
- In the buildings of IB PAS, you can move around with an assistance dog or a guide dog.
- There is no sign language interpreter or online interpreter service available in IB PAS buildings. Should you need a sign language interpreter, please report it to the Research and Organization Planning Office at least 4 days before the planned visit.Public Entity Accessibility Assurance Status Report 2021.
Laboratory of Ecochemistry and Environmental Engineering of IB PAS, 144 Spokojna St., Szarów
- The main entrance to the Ecochemistry Laboratory (LE) building from Spokojna Street requires climbing 3 steps and is accessible to people with disabilities. It is also possible for people with disabilities to enter the LE building through the side entrances from Spokojna Street. The door wings can be opened (by the LE staff), and made accessible to persons using a wheelchair.There is no elevator in the building, so people with disabilities can move around the first floor basement area.
- There are no cues induction loops, Braille signs, contrast or enlarged print signage for the blind and visually impaired in the LE building. Persons with mobility problems, blind or visually impaired will be assisted by LE staff at all times.
- There is no elevator in the LE building, so persons with mobility problems can not access the upper floors of the Laboratory.
- There is a toilet on the first floor of the LE building, but it is not suitable for people with disabilities.
- In front of the LE building there are no designated parking spaces, including spaces for people with disabilities. If necessary, the LE staff will direct you to accessible spaces.
- It is not possible to move around the Ecochemistry Laboratory building with an assistance dog or guide dog. All necessary assistance will be provided by the LE staff.
- There is no sign language interpreter or online interpreter service available in the LE building. Should you need a sign language interpreter, please report it to the Research and Organization Planning Office at least 4 days before the planned visit.