October marks 70 years since the establishment of the W. Szafer Institute of Botany PAS
Today, October 5, marks 70 years since the establishment of the Department of Botany – an auxiliary institution of the Polish Academy of Sciences - by a resolution of the Scientific Secretariat of the Presidium of the Polish Academy of Sciences. The initiator of the establishment of the Department of Botany and its first director was Władysław Szafer – an outstanding scientist and professor of the Jagiellonian University. In 1955, the Department of Botany changed its name and status to the Institute of Botany. Since 1986, it has been functioning as the W. Szafer Institute of Botany of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
We wish all Institute employees scientific success and job satisfaction on this special day.
The mountain avens Dryas octopetala – the symbol of the Institute.